BUILDING TOWARDS LATINO HEALTH EQUITY
In 2021, the Hispanic Health Coalition collaborated with health care institutions, community-based organizations, and community groups to eliminate health inequities illuminated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This virtual conference will address social determinants of health contributing to disparities and highlight strategies for addressing potential challenges.
- Increase awareness of the influence of social determinants on health disparities and inequities among Latino and other vulnerable populations.
- Increase knowledge of advocacy activities to promote racial and health equity
- Discuss health initiatives addressing major health inequities in Latino populations
- Highlight community-based efforts addressing mental health, food insecurity, housing, immigration issues and programs supporting wellness, health promotion, and disease prevention
- Increase awareness of Houston Hispanic Health Coalition initiatives