Five scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each will be awarded to assist students of Hispanic/Latino heritage to obtain a college degree in the health professions field. Scholarship winners will be notified on March 15th, 2020.
Scholarship recipients must be of Latino heritage, have a proven record of academic excellence, and must be actively pursuing a degree in the health professions. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarships are available on a competitive basis to:
- Graduating High School Seniors (3 scholarships of $2,000 each)
- College Undergraduate (1 scholarship of $2,000)
- Graduate Students (1 scholarship of $2,000)
- Be of Hispanic/Latino heritage
- Be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in the health professions field
- Be a US citizen, permanent resident, DACA, eligible non-citizen as defined by FAFSA
- Currently reside or have a permanent address in the Greater Houston area
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have plans to enroll full-time at a two or four year U.S. accredited institution in the U.S., Puerto Rico,
- U.S. Virgin Islands
***EXTENDED DEADLINE: Completed application must be submitted and postmarked no later than February 24, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be processed (no exceptions).